Help us with vital fund-raising
Our scholarship programme enables us to meet the costs of a quality education for each child from a lower caste background. However, there is so much more that we can do for the communities we support, if we can raise additional funds, over and above child sponsorship. Examples include:
- Disaster relief, such as our work following the 2015 earthquakes and, more recently, to provide food and other essentials to support families and vulnerable people during Nepal’s Covid lockdowns;
- Supporting communities by helping them establish new and sustainable income streams;
- Our partnership with Kohalpur Hospital who provide healthcare to our children and their families, in return for us supporting them with scarce medical equipment and supplies;
- The menstrual health project, where we facilitate manufacture and distribution of reusable, washable sanitary pads to women who otherwise have no access to hygiene products; and
- Our developing partnership with One Golden Angel, to support an orphanage in Kathmandu.
If you would like to help us with fundraising, please drop us a line – new ideas and support are always welcome. In the meantime, please support us if you can by purchasing some of the items below.
KindNess Tee Shirts
These beautiful high quality tee shirts have been exclusively designed for us by Alex Stark and celebrate the work we are doing in memory of Vanessa Riches through the KindNess project. They are available in white (as shown) or black, in sizes S to XL and cost just £18. To purchase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Cafe Shanti during opening hours.